While the course was designed to limit impact on vehicular traffic, several road closures and detours throughout the City of Portage will be in place on race morning. Consequently, the following streets will be closed or have limited access during the estimated times indicated below the morning of Sunday, February 25, 2018:
- Full closure (barricades) on S. Westnedge Ave. between E. Centre Ave. and Bacon Ave. (7:45 – 9:00am).
- Full closure (barricades) on S. Westnedge Ave. between E. Centre Ave. and Melody Ave. (7:45 – 10:30am).
- Full closure (barricades) on E. Centre Ave. between S. Westnedge Ave and Currier Dr. (8am – 12pm).
- Full closure on Currier Dr. between E. Centre and Brown Ave. (8am – 12pm).
- Full closure (barricades) on Garden Lane between railroad tracks and Kingston Dr. Local traffic permitted on Garden Lane between Lovers Lane and Kingston Dr. (8am – 12pm).
- Local traffic only on W. Melody Ave. between Shaver Rd. and S. Westnedge Ave. (8 – 9:00am).
- South bound curb lane will be closed completely to vehicular traffic on Lovers Lane between 5605 Lovers Lane and Garden Lane (8am- 11:30pm).
- Traffic control by Police at the intersections of Lovers Lane / Romence Rd. Parkway, Lovers Lane / E. Milham Ave. (8:30– 11:30am).
- Traffic control by Police at the intersection of Shaver Rd. / Melody Ave. (8 – 9am) and at the intersection of S. Westnedge Ave / Melody Ave. (9-10:30am).
- Residents living on the west side of S. Westnedge Ave. between E. Centre and Osterhout Rd. are requested to stop for runners crossing their driveway.
- Residents living on the north side of Osterhout Rd. between 1610 Osterhout Rd. and S. Westnedge Ave should stop for runners crossing their driveway.
- Drivers on the following streets are advised to follow instructions of course marshals directing traffic. Runners will utilize the shoulder on the west side of S. Westnedge Ave. and will be crossing the intersections of these roads: Pheasant Run, Brittany, Montague, Cherryview, Oakview, Parkland Terrace, Crocket and Melody.
- Drivers at the intersection of Lloy and Osterhout are advised to follow instructions of course marshals directing traffic. Runners will utilize the shoulder on the north side of Osterhout Rd. and will be crossing this intersection.
Portage, Michigan is easily accessible from route 131 and I-94. For directions to Portage Central High School visit the link below.
Designated Runner/Spectator Parking for 2018 Winterblast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k is as follows:
- Portage Central Elementary School (accessible from S Westnedge until 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage Central Middle School (accessible from S Westnedge before 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage Central Schools Soccer parking Area (accessible from S Westnedge before 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage City Hall (accessible from S Westnedge and Center)
- Portage Community Center/Borgess (accessible from Currier until 8:30am)
- Portage Senior Center (accessible from Currier after 8:30am)
Other than Vendor and Volunteer areas there will be NO PARKING at Portage Central High School. Alternate Parking may be available at various businesses and neighborhood streets in the area. Vendor and Volunteer parking will not be accessible between 7:45 am and 9:30am.
Please check road closure times for access and egress of parking areas and see below for a map of designated parking.
Kalamazoo Courtyard Marriott
400 Trade Centre Way, Portage, MI 49002