Please read the letter below for road closure and traffic information related to the Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k & 5k.
2018 information coming soon!
Portage, Michigan is easily accessible from route 131 and I-94. For directions to Portage Central High School visit the link below.
Designated Runner/Spectator Parking for 2018 Winterblast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k is as follows:
- Portage Central Elementary School (accessible from S Westnedge until 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage Central Middle School (accessible from S Westnedge before 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage Central Schools Soccer parking Area (accessible from S Westnedge before 7:45am and after 9:30am)
- Portage City Hall (accessible from S Westnedge and Center)
- Portage Community Center/Borgess (accessible from Currier until 8:30am)
- Portage Senior Center (accessible from Currier after 8:30am)
Other than Vendor and Volunteer areas there will be NO PARKING at Portage Central High School. Alternate Parking may be available at various businesses and neighborhood streets in the area. Vendor and Volunteer parking will not be accessible between 7:45 am and 9:30am.
Please check road closure times for access and egress of parking areas and see below for a map of designated parking.
Kalamazoo Homewood Suites
500 Trade Centre Way, Portage, MI 49002
Kalamazoo Courtyard Marriott
400 Trade Centre Way, Portage, MI 49002
Both the Homewood Suites and The Kalamazoo Courtyard Marriott are located 10 minutes from Portage Central High School and the startling line of the Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k. Participants of the 2018 Winter Blast event will be eligible for a discounted rate on Saturday, February 24th. Typically, reservations are taken on a space available basis only, and rooms must be booked by January 25th to qualify for the discount.
Information on the discounted room rates will be available in October along with instructions as to how to call to book your room for the Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k today!